April 4, 2011 - April 8, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Registration forms can be faxed to (703) 548-8305.
Shuttle Information: To make a reservation for shuttle transportation from the airport in Kansas City to your conference hotel, click on the following link (NOTE: Be sure to use code CA45P when making your reservation to receive the discounted roundtrip rate of $28): http://www.supershuttle.com/
The Annual Head Start Conference & Meetings offers targeted training and educational opportunities that enhance all participants' ability to deliver high-quality comprehensive services and optimize early childhood development by bridging the divide between theory and practice and equipping participants with the practical skills and essential knowledge needed to effectively address the many challenges they face in their professional roles. Carefully selected conference seminars and workshops highlight evidence-based methods and evolving knowledge in the early childhood field and provide an engaging forum for open, thoughtful, and candid discussions on a broad range of topics. Participants learn best practices, effective strategies, and cutting-edge approaches that keep them current with new advances and trends in the field.
With hundreds of educational sessions on a broad range of topics to suit all levels of learners and their interests, the conference is a valuable learning opportunity for...
Specifically, the Annual Head Start Conference & Meetings is designed to meet the professional development and training needs of Head Start and Early Head Start directors and administrators, staff members (including teachers, family service workers, education managers, home visitors, health services staff, parent coordinators, and more), parents, and other professionals who work with or on behalf of economically disadvantaged children and families.
Here are just a few of the many learning areas that participants are able to choose from that will facilitate continuous learning and compliance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards!
If you are not currently on NHSA's e-mail list but would like to receive conference materials and other Head Start-related updates and information, send an e-mail (with "Subscribe to NHSA e-Updates" in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the Annual Head Start Conference & Meetings may be directed to Angela Smith by e-mailing email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Kansas City, Missouri!
FREE Pre-Conference Training Seminars listed below (Registration is required.)
April 4, 2011
· Add-On Child Safety Restraint Systems for School Buses
· Partnering with Families: Family Risk Assessment and Parent Education
· Strengthening Early Attachments
· Updating Hearing Screening for Children 0-3 Years of Age
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
· The 3 E's: Engaging, Exciting & Effective Tips for Training Teachers
· A Day in the Life of a Preschooler: Joyfully Weaving Best Practices from Circle Time to Good-Bye
· Emotional Connections: Setting the Tone for Cognitively Enriched Communities
· Focus on the New Head Start Learning Framework
· Improving Child Outcomes by Strengthening Father Engagement
New Directors Training: Leading Your Program into the Future
· On-Time Attendance: A Head Start and Transition Issue
· Parents as Leaders
· Recruiting and Engaging Families with Social Media and the Web
· Supporting Children with Special Needs
· Supporting Infant/Toddler Social-Emotional Development: An Overview of Infant/Toddler CSEFEL Training Modules
· Boosting Performance and Strengthening Resiliency
· Building Relationships with Children who Teachers Find Challenging
· Coaching for Success: A Framework for Thinking Using a 5-Step Coaching Process
· Effective Phonemic Awareness Instruction
April 5, 2011
· 5 Simple Steps to Help Manage, Motivate, and Retain Staff
· Bringing Curriculum to Life in the Preschool Classroom: The Creative Approach to Promoting Positive Outcomes for All Learners
· Exploring the TABLE CACFP Recordkeeping System & Family Style
· Ongoing Monitoring is Simple with ChildPlus.net!
· Outdoor Learning Environments Risk Assessment
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
· A Day with the American Academy of Pediatrics: Obesity Prevention, Oral Health, and Professional Development
· Addressing the Risks of Tobacco Use in EHS/HS Programs: How to Promote Change
· Are You Ready to Rock and Roll with the New Learning Assessments Toolkit?
· Beyond the Hellos
· Effective Practices for Including Young Children with Disabilities in Head Start
· Evidence-Based Resources at Your Fingertips
· Parents as Leaders: Discover Your Strengths (2-Day Seminar; Part I is on 4/4)
· Promoting Resilience in Young Children and the Adults Caring for Them
Risk Assessment and Management: A Strategy for Continous Improvement
· Science Wrapped in Literacy
· Successfully Integrating “How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children” in Head Start and Early Head Start Programs
· Using Asset-Based Community Development to Build Play Spaces and Promote Play
We're All in this Together
· Council Representative Refresher Training (Must call (800) 424-4310 to enroll)
· Building the Child from the Inside Out: Songs for Social and Emotion
· Parental Involvement: Teaching Reading, Thinking, Writing, Listening, and Speaking@Home
Call for Presenter Form Download