|Job Title||Digital Content Associate|
|Reports To||Director of Communications|
|Post Date||December 23, 2021|
|Location||Our offices are located in Alexandria, VA. All of our positions are currently remote. We will continue to assess our operations as the pandemic evolves.|
The opportunity to succeed in school and in life, regardless of circumstances at birth, is a core American value. For the past six decades, the Head Start community has embraced the challenge of delivering on that value and changing life trajectories for the nation’s most vulnerable children and families. A strong and sustainable future for Head Start will mean the success of generations of children who may otherwise struggle throughout their lives. Their future success rests on the knowledge, commitment, and collaboration of families, programs, researchers, and policymakers.
NHSA is a unique organization looking to grow intentionally and to find the right person for the right opportunity on our team. If you are looking to be part of an organization that is static, where things are predictable, and challenges are hard to come by, you should not work with us. If you are a person who is looking to only work on tasks on a job description (such as this) and has a proclivity to say “that is not my job” we respect that, but you should not work with us. If you are interested in being a responsible contributor while flexing your curiosities and creativity, keep reading.
We are seeking a Digital Content Associate, responsible for advancing our efforts to improve outcomes for Head Start children and families by broadening awareness about and strengthening the Head Start brand. This role requires a balance of skills. We are seeking someone with both attention to detail and a love for telling stories and building relationships on the internet.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Content Associate will work with NHSA’s communications and policy teams across our issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, campaigns, and the web.
Digital Content Management (60%)
- Digital copy and content lead for NHSA social media, web, and keyword strategy including drafting, editing, proofreading, and/or incorporating new or revised copy to reflect timely priorities.
- Collaborate with communications and government affairs team to create engaging digital content across social media platforms, email, SMS, and the web, that advances the work of our issue-based campaigns that drive policy, advocacy, marketing, and sales objectives, both online and offline.
- Monitor the conversation online related to the work of our issue-based campaigns and identify effective engagement opportunities.
Google Ads / SEO (25%)
- Serve as subject matter expert on SEO, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Tag Manager.
- Create and optimize paid search campaigns and other digital advertising, including keyword research, quality score management and bidding optimization.
- Utilize and optimize SEO/SEM, user experience, digital advertising, promotions, etc. to build brand awareness, and generate engagement with our audience.
Content Stewardship (15%)
- Lead quarterly reviews of content audits to ensure quality, accuracy, and relevancy of all website content.
- Populate, organize, and update public forums; manage our digital assets (writing, video, etc., organizing, and assigning metadata/SEO for resources, photos, etc.)
- Manage and optimize digital analytics, including ongoing traffic tracking and reporting, to assess website effectiveness and to prioritize investment in continued website development.
Other relevant duties to accomplishing our mission as assigned.
- Passion for Head Start’s commitment to ensuring every vulnerable child has the opportunity to succeed.
- Fluency in and excitement about all things social media.
- Bachelor’s degree required, 1-2 years of digital campaign/writing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles.
- Strong grasp of WordPress platform, experience with SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Confident knowledge of image editing and optimization.
- Experience in nonprofit marketing and communications efforts and CRM systems (ex. Salesforce, Voter Voice) are a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively while being a dependable team-player.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL HEAD START ASSOCIATION
NHSA is a nonprofit organization committed to the belief that every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to succeed in life. NHSA is the voice for more than 1 million children, 275,000 staff, and over 1,600 Head Start grant recipients in the U.S. Since 1974, NHSA has worked diligently for policy changes that ensure all eligible children have access to the Head Start model of support for the whole child, family, and community.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
NHSA's vision is for Head Start to lead—to be the untiring voice that will not be quiet until every vulnerable child is served with the Head Start model of support for the whole child, the family, and the community—and to advocate—to work diligently for policy and institutional changes that ensure all vulnerable children and families have what they need to succeed. NHSA's mission is to coalesce, inspire, and support the Head Start field as a leader in early childhood development and education.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are determined to play a valued and visible national leadership role in this country’s efforts to educate and serve its most vulnerable children and families.
- We recognize change is constant and are building a flexible, nimble organization that values innovation and can respond effectively to change.
- We are actively committed to being a high-impact organization that evaluates effort and measures outcomes; our commitment extends to helping Head Start value and use measurements effectively.
- We value partnerships and collaboration and at our core, we are relationship-based.
- We celebrate Head Start alumni, both graduates and parents, and the lasting impact that they are having in this country.
- We are accountable to our members and funders, seeking high standards of governance, carefully stewarding resources, operating transparently, and living up to the highest standards of quality.
NHSA is proud of our inclusive, collaborative, and professional culture. We value and reward teamwork, initiative, creativity, and intellectual and professional growth and we seek those qualities in our candidates.
- Collaboration: NHSA works in teams—we share ideas, brainstorm endlessly, and constantly seek innovative ideas that advance NHSA’s and Head Start’s missions.
- Vision: NHSA values colleagues who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and bring a relentless passion for our mission.
- Creativity: NHSA team members use data to form original insights. We find ways to incorporate innovative ideas and approaches that exist in the rich and vital Head Start community.
- Mindfulness: NHSA has an organization-wide commitment to strive for excellence; we set clear objectives, achieve ambitious goals, ensure accountability for results, and focus on our impact.
- Curiosity: NHSA values those who are curious and hungry for knowledge. Reflecting Head Start’s six decades of commitment to continuous improvement, our staff is committed to personal and professional growth, understanding, and commitment to our mission.
NHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.