Aubrey Puckett Memorial Award
National Staff Award in memory of Aubrey Puckett – this award celebrates a Head Start alum (parent or child) now working for a Head Start or Early Head Start program who demonstrates their passion for serving through advocacy, career growth, and being actively involved in their program, community, or the state/national level to benefit Head Start families.
- The nominee must have been enrolled in a Head Start/Early Head Start program as a child or parent for one or more years.
- The nominee must have been a Head Start program employee for at least three years.
- The nominee must provide a letter of reference from each of two people who know the nominee in his/her current role. (Uploaded to application).
- The nominee must provide a personal statement addressing the following requirements, in its entirety:
- Key details about the nominee and the nominee's family, and connection to Head Start as a Head Start child or parent.
- Provide the length of service in a Head Start program, including year started, positions held.
- Describe activities and efforts the nominee has made that demonstrate passion for serving through advocacy career growth, and being involved in Head Start, the community, or the state/national level to benefit Head Start families.
NHSA general rules and regulations
- All scholarship and award applications must reflect services contributed during the calendar year 2016.
- Applicant must be associated with a program that is a current member of NHSA.
- An individual may not be nominated for more than one scholarship or award per year.
- Local member programs may not nominate more than one person or program.
- Applications must be submitted on-line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Individuals selected for an award or scholarship must be able to provide a Social Security number and other required information to redeem cash awards.
- Applicant must be willing to allow NHSA to publicize their nomination through a variety of media channels including publications, social media, and websites.
- Nominees will be contacted primarily by e-mail.
- NHSA Scholarship and Award winners serve as models and ambassadors for the Head Start Community. During their year, winners will be encouraged to share successful strategies with others during NHSA conferences, institutes and gatherings.
- NHSA board members, staff, and family members are ineligible.