NHSA's communications intern will learn many of the basic skills it takes to become a communications and media relations professional in a mission-focused nonprofit organization. He/she will be involved with all core activities of the public affairs team and will be assigned day-to-day activities to integrate him/her into all aspects of our communications strategy.
Major duties and responsibilities
- The communications intern will:
- monitor news stories
- compile news clips
- develop target press lists
- staff NHSA events
- assist with preparing interview briefing materials
- draft social media messages and digital newsletters
- and much more!
- The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, eager to learn, and passionate about Head Start's commitment to giving every child the opportunity to succeed.
- He or she should also be proficient in writing in AP Style and utilizing social media platforms.
Join the team!
To apply for an internship at the National Head Start Association, please review our open internships below and email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.