Conference & Events Intern
NHSA hosts six in-person professional development opportunities through our annual conferences: Fall Leadership Institute, Winter Leadership Institute, Managers and Directors Academy, Early Childhood Innovation Summit, Parent and Family Engagement Conference, and National Conference. This is a great opportunity for a young professional looking to understand both behind the scenes and in-person experience of managing a conference event. Our audiences vary from 250 to 4,500 people and you can expect to be involved in all aspects of conference and event planning.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Think creatively about how to improve our conference and meetings processes
- Collaborate as needed with an external contractor on conference and meeting planning
- Attend and staff NHSA conferences and special events in the Washington, D.C. area
- Assist with task completion and follow-up for guest registrations at conferences
- Assist with task completion and follow-up for conference, meeting, and event planning
- Preferred enrollment in Bachelor’s degree program leading to a hospitality, business administration, or public relations degree, or similar degree.
- Good judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Experience with various cloud-based software suites in database and project management including Salesforce/MemberNation, Basecamp, and conference registration software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong guest experience skills and disposition.
Join the team!
To apply for an internship at the National Head Start Association, please review our open internships below and email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.