To keep others healthy and safe, we’ve created a list of resources that will help guide families, children, and educators towards the path of pandemic recovery.
In-Person Learning Resources
- Reopening Playbook (NHSA)
- Returning to School Criteria (Office of the State Superintendent of Education)
- Health and Safety Guidance for Child Care Providers: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Period (Office of the State Superintendent of Education)
- K-12 Schools COVID-19 Mitigation Toolkit (Center for Disease Control)
- Guidance for Early Care and Education Providers (Los Angeles Dept. of Public Health)
- Exposure Management Plan for Early Care and Education (Los Angeles Dept. of Public Health)
- Quick Guide: Help Protect Your Child Care Center from COVID-19 (Center for Disease Control)
- A Child in My Classroom is Showing Signs of COVID-19: What Do I Do? Quick Guide for Child Care Providers (Center for Disease Control)
- CDC Report Highlights Head Start’s Success in Mitigating Spread of COVID-19 (NHSA)
- Implementing Mitigation Strategies in Early Care and Education Settings for Prevention of SARS-CoV-2 Transmission (Center for Disease Control
The report noted several factors contributing to the successful implementation of CDC-recommended guidelines that helped to prevent COVID-19 transmission among children and staff members. For more information, visit our press release.
- Tips for Talking to Head Start Families and Staff About the COVID-19 Vaccines (Office of Head Start)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Office of Head Start)
COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for School Settings and Childcare Program (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Communication Resources for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Infographics: mRNA Vaccine, Viral Vector Vaccine
- Comic-books, stickers, a social media toolkit, and more!
- Head Start & COVID-19: A Symposium on Vaccination and Community Mitigation Efforts (NHSA)
- #SleeveUpforSchools: School and Childcare Staff COVID-19 Vaccination Program (National Association of Secondary School Principals)
- COVID-19 Vaccines & Early Child Care and Education (Child Care Aware)
Give Learning a Shot (First Book)
Resources for the Business Community Toolkit (Health Action Alliance)
- Resources for Executives, Managers, Employees, and HR
- Resources for Communications and Content Creation
- Spanish Resources
The Conversation Campaign (Black Coalition Against COVID)
- Does the COVID Vaccine reflect the needs of communities of color?
- What is emergency use authorization?
Leaders’ Guide to Providing Employees with Equitable Access to Vaccines (Times Up Foundation)
The Sleeves Up for Head Start campaign encourages members of the Head Start community to learn about the COVID-19 vaccine, identify and address vaccine hesitancy with empathy and cultural understanding, and share personal experiences around receiving the vaccine.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conducting a national survey to learn about attitudes and behaviors regarding COVID-19 vaccination among staff working in child care and early childhood education programs
How Can NHSA Support You?
NHSA will continue to collect resources, share videos from Head Start leaders, and support your community’s specific COVID-19 vaccination needs as best we can. Let us know what you need at firstname.lastname@example.org.