Head Start's Unique Role in Mitigating the Spread of COVID-19
Head Start has done an exceptional job supporting children and families safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, as vaccines are becoming more widely available, including for all Head Start and Early Head Start staff, protecting our communities’ health through vaccination is an important next step. As Head Start staff and families navigate the personal medical decision of vaccination, NHSA seeks to equip our community with the tools needed to make informed decisions and share information within their own networks.
The Sleeve Up for Head Start campaign encourages members of the Head Start community to learn about the COVID-19 vaccine, identify and address vaccine hesitancy with empathy and cultural understanding, and share personal experiences around receiving the vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit
This resource was designed following recommendations from NHSA's COVID-19 Vaccination and Mitigation Working Group of practitioners and stakeholders from across the country.
- Accessing the COVID-19 Vaccine: Information and ideas on how to help Head Start and Early Head Start staff access a COVID-19 vaccine
- Identifying & Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy: Ideas to help understand hesitancy and equip your community with the tools they need to make informed decisions
- FAQs about the Vaccines with Dr. Choo & Dr. Safo: Curious about potential side effects? Wondering if elderly relatives should be vaccinated? Take a look at what the experts have to say.
- Resources from Trusted Partners: Curated resources covering everything from how the vaccine was developed so quickly to draft email templates to employees
- NHSA’s Social Media Campaign: A national campaign encouraging community members to share their experiences with vaccination
- Participation Guide: How to Create a PSA: Tips for recording a video to share your story about COVID-19 and/or vaccination
How Can NHSA Support You?
NHSA will continue to collect resources, share videos from Head Start leaders, and support your community’s specific COVID-19 vaccination needs as best we can. Let us know what you need at email@example.com.