Edward Zigler Innovation Award
Since Head Start's inception in 1965, Dr. Zigler has played a central role in the ongoing development of our program design. This award is to celebrate those local programs who have partnered to create high impact services to children and families.
Award specific criteria:
- Nominee must be a Head Start/Early Head Start grantee, delegate or community partner that has demonstrated innovation in program design and/or service delivery.
- Two letters of reference from two organizational leaders who know the impact of the innovation first hand. (Uploaded to application).
- The nominee must submit a supporting statement to address the following, in its entirety:
- A description of the primary and partner agency involved in the delivery of services. Provide key demographic information and history in the local community.
- A brief description of the specific innovation being nominated, the approach and names of all partners.
- A brief description of the outcomes or impact of the effort on vulnerable children and families that are unique and/or go beyond Head Start's performance standards.
NHSA general rules and regulations
- All scholarship and award applications must reflect services contributed during the calendar year 2016.
- Applicant must be associated with a program that is a current member of NHSA.
- An individual may not be nominated for more than one scholarship or award per year.
- Local member programs may not nominate more than one person or program.
- Applications must be submitted on-line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Individuals selected for an award or scholarship must be able to provide a Social Security number and other required information to redeem cash awards.
- Applicant must be willing to allow NHSA to publicize their nomination through a variety of media channels including publications, social media, and websites.
- Nominees will be contacted primarily by e-mail.
- NHSA Scholarship and Award winners serve as models and ambassadors for the Head Start Community. During their year, winners will be encouraged to share successful strategies with others during NHSA conferences, institutes and gatherings.
- NHSA board members, staff, and family members are ineligible.