Interns at NHSA typically have accounting, finance, mathematics, economics or information systems majors, strong academic records, and demonstrated leadership skills. As an intern you will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need. You will be tasked with the development of a problem-solving approach, actual problem solving (which may include some systems interaction). In addition to your project work, you will have opportunities to expand your professional skill set, connect with other staff and leadership, and engage in lots of fun social activities with your fellow interns.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Assist with financial reports, budget plans, and forecasts
- Account reconciliations
- Receipts batch posting
- File & record management
- General office support
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or Information Systems OR pursuing an MBA/Master's degree in Accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above stated on resume.
- Senior year student enrolled in graduate school for Master's degree in Accounting.
- Junior year student with a Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or Information Systems major.
- GPA of 3.5 or above in major, GPA must be stated on resume.
- Previous internship or experience in the Finance or Accounting field.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be goal oriented and results driven.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written, as you work with both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to analyze multiple systems to ensure data integrity.
Join the team!
To apply for an internship at the National Head Start Association, please review our open internships below and email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.