Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Crystal Stairs is one of the largest private non-profit child development corporations in the State of California. We help families locate affordable and appropriate childcare through a variety of services, working with childcare providers, educators, advocates, and community members to positively impact the lives of more than 40,000 children each year.
Quality Assurance Program Compliance Monitoring Coordinator (Manager)
(CSI Title: Quality Assurance Coordinator)
What we are looking for:
Under the direction of the Audit Manager, the Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator is responsible for the management of the Quality Assurance Unit and the agency’s internal compliance monitoring processes over program contracts and grants compliance with funder and agency requirements. Experience requirement includes knowledge of state, county and federal funded programs and the candidate should have a passion for serving low-income communities.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, The QA Coordinator will supervise staff to ensure the work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner, address tight deadlines and have contact with senior-level management, the C-Suite, and funders; which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with the following accountabilities:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the agency’s regulatory and funding requirements.
- Develop and maintain monitoring work tools and compliance procedures for assigned work units and programs, as well as for new contracts and grants.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with program managers and coordinators to ensure that programs remain compliance ready, and assist with preparation for external monitoring reviews.
- Lead team in analyzing and identifying risks, issues and controls, as well as root cause analysis and issue recommendations.
- Provide ongoing analysis of monitoring processes and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Experience monitoring child care subsidy and Head Start programs is a plus.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business Management, Education, Public Administration, Child Development, Accounting or Finance.
- Five or more years in internal audit, compliance, regulatory or government grant monitoring.
- Three or more years of management and supervisory experience. Preferably three years if experience in a non-profit or governmental environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required. Familiarity with relational database structures, and use of complex accounting and reporting software in a business environment.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to detect errors, irregularities or misstatements, investigate problems, and seek appropriate clarification and resolution.
- Excellent analytical ability and development skills.
- Must have strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effect change.
- Requires excellent customer relations skills and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and technical professionals.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.