NSHA is excited to announce that thanks to PNC Grow Up Great Head Start teachers are now eligible to register for DonorsChoose.org!
DonorsChoose.org allows anyone to help a classroom in need with the goal of moving us closer to a nation where students in every community have the tools and experiences they need for a great education. Teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, which are then posted on DonorsChoose.org and funded by donations from individual donors or corporate or foundation partners.
Begin developing your project by registering with DonorsChoose.org through these simple steps:
- Visit DonorsChoose.org/teachers and click Get Started!
- The DonorsChoose.org website will then walk you through the registration process with step-by-step instructions.
- After you complete the registration process DonorsChoose.org will send a confirmation to the email address you signed up with.
- If you don’t see your Head Start program listed on the DonorsChoose.org website, request to add it! Adding new Head Start programs to DonorsChoose.org will take between 24-72 hours.
- Follow steps in the email to confirm your email address. Then you'll be on your way to creating your first project request!
Creating a great project is the next step to getting the funding you and your students need. When you create a new teacher account on DonorsChoose.org or log in, you'll find easy access to create a new project:
Once you click that link, you'll be taken through everything you need to do for your project, step-by-step.
Your submitted project will include:
- specific materials or experiences you're requesting to support your students
- some writing about your students and your project idea
- a few other details that help donors find your classroom
Here's an introductory guide to familiarize you with the process of creating a project and helpful tips!
NHSA, PNC Grow Up Great and DonorsChoose.org are excited you’re ready to create a project!