Credentials Program Re-enrollment Policy
Updated July 5, 2017
A candidate who has withdrawn, willingly or automatically, from the Credentials Program but desires to re-establish participation can request re-enrollment.
To be eligible to request re-enrollment, the Credential Portfolio cannot be more than three months past the original, extended, or Activities to be Readdressed deadline date. For example, if the portfolio deadline was June 30, 2017, the request for re-enrollment cannot be beyond September 30, 2017. Credential Portfolios, including Activities to be Readdressed, that are past the deadline date by more than 3 months are not eligible for re-enrollment.*
Only one re-enrollment per Credential Portfolio is permitted.
By requesting re-enrollment in the Credentials Program, the candidate agrees to accept the terms below. Re-enrollment should not be requested if the candidate does not accept these terms:
- Effective August 1, 2017, the Re-enrollment Fee will be $300. The candidate agrees to pay the Re-enrollment Fee within 30 days of the invoice date. If the fee is not paid within that time frame, the Credential Portfolio will revert back to past due status and the candidate will automatically be withdrawn from the Credentials Program.
- If the Credential Portfolio is not submitted by the re-enrollment deadline date, the Credential Portfolio will be considered past due and the candidate will automatically be withdrawn from the Credentials Program. Similarly, the candidate who submits an incomplete Credential Portfolio will also automatically withdraw from the Credentials Program.
Steps to Request Re-enrollment
Submit two statements:
- Candidate Statement: The candidate will need to state why the Credentials course was not completed.
- Director/Supervisor/Coordinator Statement: A statement validating the candidate’s statement will be required. This statement should also provide any additional details as to why the Credentials course was not completed or why re-enrollment is being requested. This statement must be written on the program’s letterhead by the candidate’s Head Start director, center director, direct supervisor, or professional development coordinator.
Email both statements to Credentials@nhsa.org. The subject line should state, “Re-enrollment Request.”
Please allow 5 business days for a response.
If the re-enrollment request is approved:
- A re-enrollment form and an invoice for the $300 Re-enrollment Fee will be emailed to the Candidate.
- The candidate will be given a three (3) month re-enrollment deadline to complete the Credential Portfolio. This deadline is not eligible for an extension. If the candidate does not submit the Credential Portfolio by the re-enrollment deadline date, the portfolio will revert to past due status and therefore, the candidate will automatically withdraw from the Credentials Program. Similarly, the candidate who submits an incomplete Credential Portfolio will also automatically withdraw from the Credentials Program.
*A candidate whose Portfolio was due longer than three months past their deadline will be required to complete an initial registration for the Credentials Program, including payment of the full Registration Fee ($750 for members of NHSA, $825 for non-members).